Return to Main Recipes Page/Return to Home Page
Leftover Matzo Idea
Here's one idea what to do with all that matzo left over from Passover...
The following is based on five premises:
1. You will always have matzo left over after Pesach.
2. You won't want to eat any more of it by then and you won't be able to
bring yourself to throw it out.
3. Having eaten 12-month-old matzo back in 1981, you know better than to save it for next year.
4. It's already in, or can be broken into small pieces.
5. You have a cat.
How To Feed Your Cat Matzo:
1. Grasp cat firmly in your arms. Cradle its head on your elbow. Coo confidently, "That's a nice kitty." Drop matzo into its mouth.
2. Retrieve cat from top of lamp and matzo from under sofa.
3. Follow same procedure as in #1, but hold cat's front paws down with left hand and back paws down with elbow of right arm. Poke
matzo into its mouth with right forefinger.
4. Retrieve cat from under bed. Get new matzo from box. (Resist impulse to get new cat.)
5. Again proceed as in #1, except when you have cat firmly cradled in feeding position, sit down on edge of
chair, fold your torso over cat, bring your right hand over your left elbow, open cat's mouth by lifting the
upper jaw and pop the matzo in quickly. Since your head is down by your knees, you won't be able to see what you're doing. That's just as well.
6. Leave cat hanging on drapes. Leave matzo in your hair.
7. If you're a woman, have a good cry. If you're a man, have a good cry.
8. Now pull yourself together. Who's the boss here anyway? Retrieve cat and
matzo. Assuming position #1, say sternly, "Who's the boss here, anyway?" Open cat's mouth, take
matzo and... Oooops!
9. This isn't working, is it? Collapse and think. Aha! Those flashing claws are causing the chaos. But it's a sin to waste food! And your cat
deserves to know what it tastes like now!
10. Crawl to linen closet. Drag back large beach towel. Spread towel on floor.
11. Retrieve cat from kitchen counter and matzo from potted plant.
12. Spread cat on towel near one end with its head over long edge.
13. Flatten cat's front and back legs over its stomach. (Resist impulse to flatten cat.)
14. Roll cat in towel. Work fast; time and tabbies wait for no man or woman.
15. Resume position #1. Rotate your left hand to cat's head. Press its mouth at the jaw hinges like opening the
petals of a snapdragon.
16. Drop matzo into cat's mouth and poke gently. Voila! It's done.
17. Vacuum up loose fur (cat's). Apply bandages to wounds (yours).
18. Take two aspirins and lie down.
19. Resume steps 1-18 at each feeding time until the matzo is gone or until:
(a) someone gives you a Jewish ant farm.
(b) you hear a hungry mockingbird chirping "Hava Nagila."
(c) your pet chihuahua says "Yo te quiero taco matzo."
What do you call someone who derives pleasure from Pesach food?
Posted by Brandel Falk